My goal at the start of 2014 was to write 52 blog posts. Presumably this would be done at one a week. 2014 is coming to an end and I’m proud to be able to say that I hit that goal.
Since January 1st 2014 I’ve published 55 posts on LaunchRiot (this will be number 56). The topics varied, but mostly revolved around UI/UX, MVP building, office conduct and general start up thoughts. Some of the posts were what I called “sharables“, which are free projects or sharable images.
Here is what I have in mind for 2015:
- Paying more attention to traffic, which means aiming for SEO and social sharing. During 2014 I hardly shared any of my posts, but I would like to experiment with (and document) driving traffic.
- Inviting in other contributors. I think that as a brand, LaunchRiot can provide value to the community. There are many people that are much more knowledgeable than myself who might want to use LaunchRiot to share their ideas.
- Putting together a proper projects area. As I launched projects (most of them open-sourced and free), I would write about them and make the files available for downloading. Now I would like to put my projects on GitHub so others can join in on them. I would also like a gallery of projects to be available for people to browser through.
- Experimenting with different topics and content types. I might ditch some of my current categories and try out new ones. We’ll see.
- Proper proofreading. This blog is riddled with spelling and grammatical errors. I would like to avoid that more moving forward.
- Interviews. Interviews would be cool.
Thank you to anyone and everyone who has been reading my posts. I don’t know if LaunchRiot is quiet ready to move out of the MVP phase yet, but I would call what you’ll see in 2015 “v. 2.0”.
As always, thank you for your time.